Whenever I remember my blog and go to it "just in case" anyone has posted a comment, I'm reminded that I would like to post SOMETHING new just to take the heaviness away and lay off martyrdom. :) Unfortunately, I need to go to bed, which also means this is not a good time to make general statements about my life. I do miss my friends dearly...all who know me well, because I am still feeling fairly unknown here, even though I am making some good friends. There are some really fun people here, and we get along well and have lots of laughs, but of course there's a different ability to be yourself with an old friend. Props to Sarah Woodhouse who visited me from Ann Arbor area even though she had to work Saturday into the afternoon. So she was here less than 24 hours, but it was wonderful to have her around! Bless 'er (just like Amy Sattler.....and probably no one reading this will even get that reference...whatever! :) ). And as always, a shout-out to the one and only Barry Liff-t n (thought I'd weakly avoid the full spelling so it wouldn't come up on google....yup, time for bed).
I get to see my brother and Becky in a week and a half! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeea!! (not to be confused with yeah, which is often done :) )
oh, and this week I heard from Jack my old writing professor and advisor at Houghton! I'd emailed him some time ago and figured I wouldn't hear back, but he answered me! A highlight of the week, really--because I think he represents what was good, wholesome and nurturing about my college experience. Which is kind of funny since most of the time we interacted in class was sarcasm piled on sarcasm (a LOT of fun, but not what you'd automatically infer from the word "nurturing," eh? :) ). In the long run, though, what I received ("caught," I guess) from him was his underlying, genuine love for his students, his wife, the natural world, the maker of that world....or, put another way, I received the residual benefits of being in the presence of someone who's done good inner work. Blessings and peace to you, Jack, even though I'm quite sure you will never read this.
and peace out friends.
12 November 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I guess it is no fun at all to come back to check your blog and find zero comments. But just so you know, I do check here "just in case" you, the blogger, leave any posts of your own. So I am thinking of you. I am sorry that I haven't written you anything real. I miss you so much - I feel like we never got to spend any real time together when I saw you last. It's no one's fault - it was right in the middle of coming and going. I would love to talk to you sometime, though. :) I hope all is well with you. I understand so much the friends thing you were talking about. Anyway, talk to you soon! Love to you always, Karis
Hey Sam, Amanda Miller from our Tanzania trip showed me your blog, so Melissa and I have been checking it out. I'm so inspired to hear about the things you are doing! Enjoy life, love, Amie
Post a Comment