19 June 2006

Back in the US of A

Doesn't have quite the same ring as "USSR," but nevermind. I'm posting with sole purpose of letting anyone who is checking know that I've returned safely to the States (late last Tues.) and am currently at my parents' in New Jersey. I will be buying a car within the next week if all goes well, and I hope to start visiting friends throughout NY state next weekend. I believe next Saturday is John's Day Observed. If you're not familiar with this wonderful Latvian summer celebration, you're missing out and you should email me to ask what it is! :) Actually, you have be meaning to email me anyway, haven't you? I can tell by my desire for contact that it's time to send a mass email to friends far and near. :)

I want to say in case she's reading that I have a picture of Shera on my desktop right now from our last day down at the river together (at least for a while :) ), so I can fondly remember her smiles and wonderful shenanigans! And I'm not spell-checking that, so there.

Here's a picture from a week ago Saturday, a classic evening-light view of the badminton net under (I believe) jacaranda trees at Kibebe Farm, when everyone's relaxing after volleyball. oh, the light! I miss the whole place. I need to stop now. Looking forward to seeing everyone on this side of the Atlantic...


1 comment:

KJBLS said...

welcome back, samantha!
paul and i are getting more and more excited about our move to tanzania... and have checked your site periodically for updates on our future home!
the moyers have been blessed to have you there. hope the transition back goes smoothly!