18 January 2006

B-day veggies and The Karate Kid

It was Joyce's birthday on Monday. Our friend Victoria sent a box of veggies over from their garden. Sweet cherry tomatoes (Joyce said she hadn't had those in a long time...) and I have never had such good beets in my life! Hooray for birthdays and beautifully fertile gardens!


We also celebrated with a DVD my parents sent over as a Christmas gift to the family...the girls had never seen The Karate Kid, so we made it a Mr. Miagi evening. David likes to quote him, so finally they had a context for "Look eye--always look eye!" and the crane move ("When do right, no can defense"). Ah, the eighties...your favorite decade and mine.



Shera has refined popcorn popping to a delicate art.
Bless her. :)

2 comments:

Samantha said...

By the way (J), I think it's a really good picture of Becky and me..I just know she can sometimes not like the way she looks in photos, so I thought I would hedge a little... :) I think we both look happy and like we're having fun. :) hey and thanks for the dinofish story...haven't finished reading it...I'll bet David can fill me in on it too! Love you!

Anonymous said...

and don't forget, as any child of the eighties knows, "wax on, wax off"!

~Marlene